In these hot summer days, I try to prepare the foods while it’s still cooler in the morning. I’ll cut them in various shapes depending on how I want to cook it later, put them in a plastic case and pop it in the fridge for later use.
In these photos are how I cut the cabbage for preparing for stir frying it from left to right :
- I will use 1/4 cabbage
- cut them in half
- loosen them
- in small pieces
- separate the leaf with the stem
- by tearing them apart
- i like tearing them rather than cutting
- because the leaves cling with the sauce more better when stir frying
- slice the stem so the thickness is the same as the leaves
- so it cooks evenly while stir frying
- place it in a container and
- pop it in the fridge
When getting ready for stir frying, you can just prepare the sauce or slice up some proteins and grab these cabbage from the fridge.